At Eccleston Aviation we have the equipment to carry out hardness testing to components of your Rotax 912 series engine in accordance with Rotax guidelines. prices from £30 per item.
What Rotax say;
If a cylinder head temprature above 180c (360f) is noticed and/or longer than 30 minutes:
- The whole cooling system must be inspected, repaired or overhauled in accordance with the Rotax instructions for continued airworthiness.
- inspect all further systems for correct function.
- Detailed inspection of affected engine components.
- inspect compression by differential pressure method.
- dismantle all cylinder heads and perform a detailed inspection including hardness test.